Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

yawn

I'm taking the weekend hours to sleep, get laundry done, and do a little shopping for the little one that will be joining the family this week. (see right) How cute is she? Yes, I'm breaking down and getting a puppy. She actually wasn't easy to find. I've been looking for this breed for a couple of months, and finally found her. It'll be about a 2 hour drive, but I don't mind. I mean, look at that face....
There's much to be considered for a new baby: the right doggie kennel, some matching food and water bowls, and I'm discovering the world of high fashion doggie accesories. There are a multitude of shirts, jackets and foot wear for dogs now. I wasn't aware I had missed so much in the fashion world. I think a good quality pink collar should do us for now. There's much to be done at work this week, but I'm looking forwrd most to the arrival of my girl. I'm thinking of names this week. So far, even as southern as it sounds, I'm considering "Gertrude", but we'll call her "Gerdie" for short. Would I be too much like one of those beauty pagent moms if I bought these?
We made it through the first week of the new morning show, mostly unscathed. I'm almost caught up on my sleep, though I doubt if I ever get used to being up at 4:00 am. With a new puppy arriving, I doubt I'll sleep much anyway.
If I haven't stopped by and visited on your blog this week, I promise to be better next week.
Hope all is well

4 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting!!

    Gerdie! I love it! She and Tyler can totally be friends. He will adore her.

    And that face...priceless.

    YAY!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Boston terrier?

    Let little Gert hae some dignity and skip the dog clothing at least for a year. That way (in dog years) she will be through puberty, because we all remember how our moms made us wear the dumbest things. :-)

    – Texas T-bone

     
  • At 5:20 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    yep, a little boston. I promise not to humiliate her

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    hahaha. Whatever T-Boner!

    I fully disagree. My pup LOVES his clothes and basically wets himself when I bring out the selection of outfits. heh heh

    Just make sure they're like baby phat or something. ;)

    Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home