Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Flower Time is anytime


February has arrived. How can you not tell, with waves of red and pink in every store I walk in to? OK, I do like the fuzzy red socks that play "you are my sunshine" but I can't buy them!!! And yes, everyone should get flowers for V-day. Actually, everyone should get flowers at anytime. But not carnations, that's way too funeral...something like Gerbera Daisies, they can't help but make you smile!
OK, there's plenty of time for the Holiday-o-Love. One of my favorite holidays? St Patty's Day!!! Got big plans this year, more details as they come available.
Oh, the nagging bother. No, it's not the lack of fiber, indeed, I'm healthy as ever!! T -minus 2 more pounds this week, so feeling good there. I didn't miss yoga class this week. Actually, the bother has to do more a work situation. There's some bother left over from losing my best friend, I would expect that. However, I'm glad I've turned a page, and started a new chapter. My new job is such a confirmation that I'm in the right place. Without making the story longer than it has to be, understand there are 6 radio stations in this building. There are only 2 women on air of all of them, myself, and a gal on the hip-hop station (CHR in radio term). As you can imagine, there's quiet a bit of work for a female voice. Good with me, that means money, but as it usually happens, this female is getting moved to the morning show. I knew this when I was hired. I knew that I would spend a couple of months getting to know the current morning show host to establish a viable work relationship. That's always a little nerve wrecking, cause what if I hate the guy? Then what? Well, as you can imagine, that nagging bother emerged from meeting this person, and trying to figure out how I can form a team, that's funny, efficient, and gaining ratings. I like the guy, I do. I'm just thinking business at this point. This is a big enough project, but I'm feeling a bit discouraged, and trying not to show it. This is like mixing beer and ice cream. I'm not sure if I'm the beer, or the ice cream. Either way, it looks to be a challenge. I won't include many details, there are working themselves out, but this is a chance to make a decent name for our station, or make my boss regret that I moved to mornings. I lean more toward the first chance, but as a team, I'm only part of the product. Do I smell some trust issues? YES. This is my career, my name, and I've worked hard to make those a respected issue. Let's hope they stay that way. I think this is where honey attracts more then vinegar, but I'll have an extra bottle of apple cider version close by.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best of luck to you. Wish your station would waft all the way down here so I could hear how wonderful I'm sure it will be. I bet it's better than the morning shows down here (the two main country stations with them have about the same formula ... two guys and a girl ... they joke and laugh ... girl reads the news ... there's a traffic dude on both, too). I admit I don't listen to as much radio as I used to, mainly because in the DFW market they are wall-to-wall commercials.

    I have faith in you!

    – Texas T-bone

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    yeah, I'm familiar with DFW stations. #5 in the nation, it's where I'd like to be before too long. There's a station there in Fort Worth I'm keeping my eyes on. We'll see. Gotta take care of business here first

     

Post a Comment

<< Home