Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

busy

oh yes. Lots to be done on a new job. I almost fell asleep in yoga class last night. oops. Keeping me going....would be the new car I get to drive for the next month(except the one I'm driving has a sunroof). Each month I get something new, and this one is pretty nice. It's not my Jeep, but it's fun. My ole Jeeper is sitting out here in the parking lot, and it's still got my heart. It's suppose to be nearly 70 today, so I'm not sure if I want to ride around with the sunroof, or ride around with the top down. Oh the choices!! On the air in few, but I didn't want to ignore the new blog. Gotta keep the love.
I'm reading over all the news for today. New feeds, piles of newspaper, anything on line that looks good. Actually, nothing looks good. There's women all over the news. The kidnapped journalist, the little girl beaten so badly that she may not live, no, not good. I'm looking at the picture of the little girl, and I'm fighting the tears. Can you imagine? No. What kind of a person would do something like that? I try not to watch television anymore. Not because I'm not truly American, but because the violence against women is everywhere. I'm not on my feminist soap box, but it's un-nerving seeing it all the time. I read an article that said it's actually dangerous to be watching such programs, because women may become de-sensitized to the danger, thinking that the bad guy always gets caught, and within an hour episode fixes the crime. Not so the case. For me, I just tend to get paranoid. I wouldn't have even thought about half the things I see on these programs. I guess I live in my little bubble that the glass is half full, and that happy endings can happen. Where is the balance? How can I be cautious, but not afraid? How can I believe in people, and fear them at the same time?
For now, there's peace on the home front.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    SO good to have you blogging again and I'm so happy about the new job and car! Sun roof! Lucky lucky lucky!!

    Hope it's all going well. And ALWAYS stay on top of your surroundings. The shit that happens to women is totally unnerving and should be a constant reminder that the world is full of ugly, horrible people. Just protect yourself. Or I'll have to come down there and lay the smack down.

    Be good my lady!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    speaking of blogging...where's your latest?

    Chesa

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You radio people have it made with trying out the new cars ... we newspaper peeps never do that sort of cross-promo in the news biz (or any kind of cross-promo for that matter).

    Live it up in your "new" life. I hope you chose top-down in the Jeep. I always like "topless."

    – T-bone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home