Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Monday, January 16, 2006

back to what I know

After the move, I obviously had to have a job. Since I'm back in the town where I've been before, it's good not to have to start all over. I know my way around town, know a few faces, and when I talked to my old company, they offered a job pretty quickly. That makes it pretty nice. So, after all the ruckus (excuse the red neck vocabulary intermission) I'm finally on a routine again, back to work, and feeling pretty good. I'm one of those people that have done the same kind of work for a long time, since high school actually. So here I go again. Its good to be back on air. Radio is such a crazy business. Most folks have a glamorous, and very unreal picture of what radio folks do. It's more than just talking for a few hours a day, dressed in old jeans with a cigarette in your mouth. It used to be that way. It's quiet different these day. More about the job later. Stay tuned, I'm sure there will be many more radio tales to emerge! I know it's Monday, and it's January, and normally those 2 things would amke for a pretty bland outlook, but in some annoying way, it doesn't seem to matter today. I hope you have something in your day that makes you smile, even if it doesn annoy someone when you do!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    That's my girl!

    You are a wonderful writer and you have so much to share with all of us.

    I'm by your side and will be your number one fan. If I post on my site today, I'll change the link and get you hooked up.

    I think you are an incredibly talented, strong, and intuitive girl.

    I feel blessed by knowing you.

    So much love your way.

    And also...Hi Julia!!!

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm going to have to put "Smile, even if it annoys someone" on a T-shirt. :-)

    – T-bone

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll order one from you!!
    Chesa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home