Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Skid marks

No, not that kind of skid marks,.........as in throwing on the brakes kind!!! Knew that would be a little eyebrow raiser. Taking a few minutes in my busy morning to talk.
I'm a little over a week at the new job, but working here before, it feels like a lot longer. I know it's not been long, because everyone still assumes I'm really nice and sweet! ha I'm glad to be back in the work that I love. I had forgotten how time consuming it can be, but it keeps me busy in my new chapter. It's good to be around different folks, even crazy radio ones. It's been a while since I've made new friends, and not because I'm so hard to get along with. Living in a small town, or on an island with a bunch of hippies doesn't make for real interesting people. Well, the hippies were interesting, just not real reliable. Besides, living in Key West are either retired folks, or co-ed springbreakers. Again, not really folks you can get to be friends with. At least here there are people my age, and they aren't in a drunken stage most of the day. It's refreshing really. I have a bit of a nagging bother today, but I need to think on it a bit more before I share it.

As radio folks, we get to try things, like the car, to talk about on the air. Such items include free concert tickets, food items, new drinks, there is no limit to our sell out quality. I've recently gotten to start a cooking school program, which is much like Emeril, minus the "BAM". It's really a blast. I take my grandmother, and we're lovin' it. Also on the lines of radio air-time hookers, is the new diet program I'm trying. Nothing does the ego good like someone saying "we've got a new diet program, we think you'd be perfect for it".....ouch. I know it's just another item to sell, and I actually get good drugs to take while I'm on it. Can u tell I'm trying to sooth my wounded self esteem? Then, I think about being skinny come bathing suit weather, and my ego is just fine. Besides, free pharmaceuticals? I'm in. So far the only side effect is the fact that my head itches.
I've got a million things to do, but I couldn't go without checking in. Happy Tuesday

3 Comments:

  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you say that your head itches on the air, I'm sure someone will send you a case of new dandruff shampoo to try out. Sell out! :-)

    – Texas T-bone

     
  • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    I can't wait to hear about the nagging bother! JUICY!

    Your job sounds great and I'm psyched to hear about the cooking class with grams. How adorably perfect is that?!

    As long as you want to do the diet, then sobeit. But don't ever let someone's comment about weight crush you. If I allowed everyone's comment about my gayness get to me, I'd have murdered at least a hundred grown men by now. ;)

    You're gorge, I'm gorge. That's all there really is to it.

    If I get my phone up and running by this weekend, I'll give you a ring a dizzle.

    Be good my love!

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    did try to call you to check on you, but just got voice mail. Know that I'm thinking about you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home