Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Morning madness

oh period my period god period.
Can you tell it was the first morning of the new morning show?!? ok, it wasn't that bad, but, it was much like driving in a car at 70 miles an hour, without a sterring wheel!!! New partners mean trying to learn signals from each other, try to figure out when not to talk over each other, when to close joke, when to not close it (for effect), when to let the other person take the lead, when to fight for that lead, when to steer the direction of the conversation, when to laugh and call it done. Then add some computers not working, a mic that sounds like I'm talking from inside a can, and a really slow coffee pot, and it was a real adventure! Everyone said it sounded ok, and I guess that's what counts, but I hate unorganized radio. I hate hearing mouse clicks, and button pushing, and paper rusting. I know they are little things, but things that I pride myself on not putting on the air. We'll get it ironed out, I'm sure. I really am excited about how great this is going to be. But like most great things, it takes work, dedication, and most of all, a really good sense of humor. With those things, we should be ok.
"For more adventure of tweedle dee and tweedle dum, tune in tomorrow...."

oh yeah, you can listen live if you're brave enough

3 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    "Oh period my period god period". HAHAHAHA.

    I adore. You.

    Here's to having a smoother show today! You'll get it under control and will be the best...just like everything else you do.

    Miss you lover!

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You forgot that everything worth doing well also takes "practice" and lots of it. I guess dedication is about the same thing, more or less.

    Best of luck! I know it will be great. But, where can we listen to it live? Is it on the Web? That would be so awesome, and I'm sure a heckuva lot better than the crappy DFW radio stations that play so many commercials that you forget what kind of music they play. Some of the morning folks are OK, I guess. When are you moving back here to show them a thing or two?

    – Texas T-bone

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Christa said…

    click on "my work" link to listen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home