Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Monday, April 17, 2006

free weekend



Road Trip Weekend

With a little free time (gasp?) this weekend, I decided a trip away was in order. So, me and kid (see left) loaded up the Magnum that I'm driving this month for work, and off we were. After lots of naps, shopping and excellent food, it's making it hard to concentrate on my Monday. I want to sleep late again, and have rum at lunch. Oh well. Better quality on the photos now, at least, and the boss paging me on the intercom...gotta run

5 Comments:

  • At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Every time I see a Magnum on the road I'm either reminded of my dad's 1978 Dodge Magnum sedan (ugly!) or that song "Lowrider" starts playing in my head. Glad you got away. Me and my fam went to San Antonio and Corpus Christi for a long weekend. Nothin' like the River Walk and a little beachiness to clear the senses.

    – Texas T-bone

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    that sounds nice. Hope it was a good weekend for you. Oh, and I can't stand the magnum. It looks like a station wagon trying to hang with the cool kids. I get something new tomorrow.

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    Hey you!

    I'm in the midst of Passover chaos here, but I got your message and wanted to give you a "Happy Easter" shout out before it was RIDICULOUSLY too late.

    Um...Gerdie is BEAUTIFUL! I just love her little face. I'm so excited for you and that she has such a wonderful home.

    I'll try to give you a ring in the next few days. We have MUCH to catch up on. And I would love to hear your voice live and not on my voicemail. :-D

    SMOOCH!

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We had some "friends" who bought a Magnum and didn't keep it a year.

    But don't dis wagons ... real ones ARE cool. My Subaru did better on the beach at Padre than some of the real off-roaders. Not all of us can have Jeeps.
    :-)

    – T-bone

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    well, now everyone can have a jeep...

    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/04/10/2007-jeep-wrangler-four-door-revealed/

    watch for post on this one soon!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home