Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Finally....

a free moment of time. sigh. Actually, it's been alot of feeling cruddy time this week, but more on that later. It's raining here for the first time in months, and it's really nice to just be hanging out, enjoying the sound of the rain these last couple of days. All the trees are looking so great, and all the work in the yard and the garden is beginning to show some signs of improvement. Gerdie is just not crazy about the rain, however. I have to stand out in the drizzle in hopes that her bodily functions can occur. Enough about that, though.
It's been a while since I've talked about my crazy diet. Somewhere along the lines, it became not so crazy. Low carb eating was such an adjustment for me, it did take a while. But, since it was a personal sponsor through the job, I felt obligated to at least try it. I'm so thankful I did, even if I dream of tortillas. I'm 35 lbs lighter today than I was 90 days ago. That's a lot. I'm pretty happy about it. On the program, as part of my I-get-it-free-because-of-my-job, after the weight loss, then there's this little procedure called mesotherapy. I was sold on it when she said "it's chemical lipo, honey, you'll love it". Images of very small bikinis were dancing in my head, and I was distracted from the "chemical" part. Even when I was being slathered in numbing cream, and being iced down from the waist down, I still kept thinking "this is great". Only an hour later, when I'm red, swolen, and have been injected about 100 in each leg did it begin to sink in that, "this is maybe not so great" That was on Tuesday. For 2 days I laid around iced down, begging the puppy not to jump on the bed with me. As I'm leaning in the shower on Tuesday night, trying not pass out from all the drugs and the sight of my legs becoming bruised and welped, I was crying, swearing that I would just be unsightly in shorts or a bathing suit. Here it is, Monday morning, the pai is gone, the naususness is gone, and the bruises are fading quickly. My next appointment is tomorrow. I'm still trying to decide whether I'm going for another round. Did I mention that my legs are smooth, and looking very toned, even with the hint of brusing?
Being a girl is ridiculous, by the way.
I realize that it's vain, and even crazy to think this is a good idea. I'm not that girl. I'm the all natural, kinda hippie, lets do an herbal cleans twice a year, kinda girl. I just realized what a monster my vanity can be, and I'm surprised at myself....
but myself in a thinner body has a nice ring.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:21 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    it's kinda like south beach. Low carb is the word. it's been about 3 months since I started it, and I had forgotten to talk much about it.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My unsolicited advice is to also incorporate exercise into any plan. Down here in Texas (and you know this) the call of the tortilla is just too hard to resist. And it should not be resisted. A few miles on a bicycle in the countryside will soothe mind body and tortilla gut in no time.

    – T-bone

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    35 pounds in 90 days??? That's amazing! I'm absolutely psyched for you. I don't know about mesotherapy and bruised legs, but hey...we do what we gotta do! I'm busting with pride for you. It's really hard to make this kind of a change. And it seems like you've done it!

    Miss you and hope you're holding up ok out there. MUCH MUCH love to you chess darlin!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home