Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Friday, May 19, 2006

working weekend


Total hours of sleep this week....approx 7 hours. Corporate martinis charged to the card...about 15. The amount of networking and sucking up I've accomplished...endless.

Now, here I am on a Friday night. Usually, I would have a remote about now at the local country bar, we are in country radio after all. It's the higlight of my week, to flirt, dance, drink and talk on the radio now and then. Oh, and get paid. But not this week. My bar remotes were on Tue, Wed, and Thur night this week. For the weekend, my radio partner and I have been sent to a town about 2 hours away to direct broadcast from a theme park. Sounds kinda boring, and it can be, but, the great part is the pay off. They pay our gas down, they pay us to be here, and you can see the view from the back deck included. Throw in the jet tub, the wireless internet, and my pjs at 7:00 on a Friday night, and I'm about as happy as I can be. If I could find a nice run punch, I might never leave!!! I did bring my granparents along, because it's a 2 bedroom cabin, and it would be depressing all by myself. Besides, I like the share the wealth. Gerdie is here, and feeling about the same way I am, just napping and enjoying the down time.
I've got lots to do tonight. I've finally joined the cool kids. I'm working on myspace.com. I'm working blindly, but working none the less. There's alot of info to fill in, try and sound interesting about. My brain is so relaxed and sleepy, it's hard to think. I'll let you know when it's cool enough to look at. Right now there are Sex in the City reruns to enjoy.
toodles

3 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That sounds really awesome. If you really do like to share the wealth, I suggest you get back to Texas so you can reward random (ahem) Internet friends with the spoils of radio.

    But you must repent and turn from your evil ways! MySpace is the debil!

    – Texas T-bone

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    is it? I thought I was missing something....

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    SO SO COOL!! I hope you had a blast!

    And you must send me your myspace profile so I can check you out in all your glory!

    So much love your way darling!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home