Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

well...half empty


This is my year. I've been saying that all year. I'm 30 this year. I will make great things happen this year. I will try things I've never tried before. I will take chances in love and life that I have previously not taken.
These simple resolutions have been my mantra.

it hasn't exactly been that way so far...
The place I worked, and loved working at, closed.
Someone tried to break into my house, while I was in my house. Someone broke into the neighbor's house. I bought a gun to try and restore my sense of well being, of sanity. My 30th birthday rolled through, and with it, a short visit from Depression. The vehicle that I own, and love, needed more than just my fond feelings to keep it running lately. My step-father, again, who I love, had a heart attack. The man that I have grown emotionally attached to, left for Alaska.

really?

But this is my year. I refuse to let the circumstances of life rob me of the joy of the journey.
So, I moved. I feel safe again. My dogs are happy with their backyard, my Jeep is happy with her garage, and I couldn't be happier with my new place. It's so cute, I should buy an apron with lace on the bottom. Seriously, it's adorable. There are still boxes stacked about; I've only just finished moving tonight. Somehow, though, I am the most calm I've been in a while. Maybe it's the clean start. Maybe it's the chance to refresh, re-organize and re-invent. As I sit here with my cup of tea, after a long day of moving, and hauling and putting furniture together, I am reaffirming that this is my year. I will still accomplish things this year that I never knew possible. Not because I am 30, but because I am a fighter. I will fight for peace and meaning in my own life. I will fight to show the people that I love how much they are a part of me. I will fight to find the happiness that I deserve.
And when all that is over, I will sit on my porch, cup of tea, and be overwhelmed by how great life can be...kinda like I am tonight.


What do you do when the glass looks half empty? Yell "bartender, another drink please!"

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Becca said…

    Still in Texas, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home