Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

when I think of you (both)

Sometimes, it's a song. I hear it on the radio and I stop, catch my breath, and mouth along with the words; I don't have the heart to sing the words out loud. In one refrain, I am transported to another place, with warm sunshine, cool waters, and contentment. Somewhere between the lines that rhyme, are the stories that we wrote together.


Sometimes, like today, its an old friend asking how you are. He doesn't know...so I tell him that you are great, that life is always a surprise, and that's the way we like it. He says to tell you "hi", and I promise to do so.

Okie says hi.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know those songs......and yes the surprises are still there, some more beautiful then others. My door and my heart are always open...........Sandy 417-669-3543

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Life ain't always fair... I ain't going down that way... A song I haven't heard in years and can still manage to change my life. I was in MO a few weeks ago to see our Sarah get married, yes I said married. You were dearly missed, as always. You are right, life is damn full of surprises, some good, some horrific. I'm hoping right now yours are good, but I don't feel that. You are still a part of US, the US that will always be, no matter what. The past is the past, where it belongs - hopefully we learn from it, if not we just put it where it belongs, in the past. Miss you much and you know the #. #3

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sure would like you to see my granddaughter....shes a miracle ot me. Her name is Avery Joan, Nathan and Chelle named her after my Mom that passed away this year. We call her Ms A.J. She is beautiful of course.....looks just like Nate. Just wanted to tell you about her.......

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to hear about your mom; I loved her too! Give the whole family a hug for me. I'm glad you've got a girl in the family to spoil..finally!!

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well songs have a way of stopping you in your tracks.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Had the CP Trail Ride this last weekend......can't ever have it without thinkin of you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home