Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Monday, July 07, 2008

so I'm a Monkey

I found my Chinese horoscope..I'm not sure I like it..I sound like a flighty, selfish party animal.....


The spunky Monkey is the original party animal! Charming and energetic, Monkeys crave fun, activity and stimulation. They truly know how to have a good time and can often be seen swinging from one group of friends to another, attracting a motley crew in the process. Always upbeat, they are considered minor celebrities in their circle thanks to their sparkling wit and that rapier-sharp mind. Perhaps surprisingly, Monkeys are also good listeners and tackle complicated situations with ease. This Sign's natural curiosity lends it the desire to become knowledgeable on a broad range of topics. Monkeys have a show-off side that loves nothing more than to dazzle their pals with all they know.
The Monkey tends to be rather accident-prone due to a certain lack of very high morals. This Sign's first interest is pursuing its own pleasure; this is not a malicious interest, it's just the way the Monkey is. However, this kind of carefree self-involvement can lead to all kinds of scrapes. In love, the Monkey makes a fun, exciting lover -- but one that may have the potential to stray romantically. The good news is, the Monkey’s glib manner and witty repartee can often get this Sign out of a scrape. Perhaps not everyone will be won over by the Monkey -- but do you think the Monkey really cares? The Monkey's world, full of devil-may-care energy and revelry, isn't for everyone. Remember, though, it's not that this Sign is mean; it might just be a bit too curious for its own good. Monkeys often feel the need to try everything at least once, which can make for a merry-go-round of relationships.
The Monkey's love of self-indulgence can also lead to other types of trouble. This Sign may have limited self-control concerning food, alcohol and other pleasurable activities. It's party time all the time for the Monkey, yet when it leads to a monster hangover or a shattered heart (generally someone else's, not theirs), this Sign might actually show a touch of remorse. They won't flat-out admit the error of their ways, but at least they'll pull back and try to tone things down -- for a while.
Monkeys must try to learn to think of others ahead of themselves, at least some of the time. This Sign's world will be more complete once it realizes the world doesn't revolve around it.

9 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So I am just gonna throw this out there beause I am the only one that has to sleep with me tonight, so it makes me feel better. I think about you every day. I want to call you and tell you about a song I heard, a book I've read or just about my day. I had the best visit with yoru Grandparens the other day. Seen them in Monett havin dinner after a day of fishin at Roarin River. They look perfect, haven't changed a bit! I miss you everyday, my kids still ask about you all the time. I am glad to see that you are happy because I luv ya and want that for ya. So there it is. I am gonna go back out on my back porch, drink a beer and keep on lovin my life, my husband, my job and my kids. I wish you all that you want girl. Sandy

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never thought I would come here or come to this, writing you on a very public blog. I suppose I just want you to know, we are still here, the pact is still in tact. You can still call in the middle of the night and we will be on a plane. That has never really changed. We talk about you, we wonder about you. We doubt your happiness the same way we doubt our own. I hope you know that. Life has never been kind to any of us, maybe that was the bond that held us together. But we always perservered. We still do, it is just more seperated. I tend to think more than it should be, but what do I know? Less than I ever believed. I still miss you everyday, as if you were my sister, my family. The family I could choose. One of my very true wishes is that one day you will put aside your great pride and just call. Just write. The past is the past. We have all made mistakes and have many regrets, myself by no means, unincluded. I am perhaps the queen, in that at least. I am sorry to you. More sorry than you can imagine, but I hope you know that when I look up at the stars, I know that at times you are looking up at the same ones, in Texas and sometimes thinking of us. Please know, all we are waiting for is you. The past is the past and you have to let go of it to open up the possibilities of the future. Much Love - Julia

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Christa said…

    I take it that you two are in the same town? I wouldn't know. I have no way of getting ahold of either of you.

    You decided to change your life, I had to change mine.

    It's not about pride, or selfishness, it about trust.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two sides of the map actually, but wiuld be more then happy to give you contact information. Couldn't really tell if you wanted it or not. Yes big changes all around but it seems to have been the best for us all. You take it from here. S

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fair enough. You are right, we all made decisions, some for the best, some not so much. I just keep thinking that life's curve balls and lessons would be much easier to take if I had BOTH of my best friends getting my back. We aren't even close to the same town, nor the same state. But I think we are all in a place where we have grown enough to be strong enough to be together. I am probably at one of my lowest points ever, S being at one of her stongest. I don't know where you are, I just know we miss you. There is never a conversation that you aren't a part of, there is never a memory or remincence that you aren't remembered. I hate being one of those people that talks about 'the good ole days', but I think I'm becoming one. Because nothing was better in my life, yet far, that doesn't include the both of you. Don't get me wrong, I know it was not always, 'the best of times' but I know now, it never will be. There is no such thing. Somebody will always be going through something tough. This one has been my worst, but has taught me a lot of lessons. Lessons that would have been a hell of a lot easier with you in my life. The biggest and best lesson is life is too short. I realize what a cliche that is, but it has hit home for me, so I really don't care what it takes. Apologies, swallowing pride, tears, fights, I don't give a sh!t. I'm ready. I miss you too much for all of that. I want to talk to you, find out what you are doing, know if you have found happiness, peace. And if you haven't, I want to be there for that too. For losing you, I am truly sorry.
    rebecca.m.smith@kohls.com
    (262) 490-7369
    Much Love - Becca

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS - kick a$$ harmonies on the national anthem. Reminds me of the one you did in Fort.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Noticed on your my space that your ready for a road trip, well heres an open invitation......anytime. I can put ya on a horse, take ya to the creek, whatever you need! Still hopin.......S

    lakinauction@hotmail.com

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it sounds like you are fun loving and carefree....tho I'm not sure how lacking in morals makes you accident prone. Hummm...then again most fortune cookies don't make a lot of sense either.

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Life is unfair, that is the conclusion I have come to. I have read through some of the past blog. It is heartbreaking. I loved you more than any other being on this earth. I'm watching Hope Floats right now and it is driving home the point. I keep remembering how many times we listened to that sound track together. I realize that you have moved on. I realize that you don't need us now. I get that. I also know that isn't the only thing. We need you. I never got the opportunity. We are giving it to you because that is our only choice. You want to talk about trust? Fine, maybe you don't trust either one of us right now. I'm OK with that, but you won't even talk? I thought we were better than that. Maybe I'm wrong about this as I have been with so many other things and if that is the case, I can accept it. I guess I expected more, out of you and certainly out of myself. But I cannot change the past, no matter how hard I try. I always promised myself I would try to live my life with no regrets, I have not succeeded (obviously) but please try to do the same. At least put my number in your phone and know, no matter what if things ever get bad, as they have done for me, you can always call. It doesn't have to be now. Forever seems such a short time to me now. And if I never hear from you, please know that it wasn't because I didn't care or didn't love you. Most of it was bad info and sources I shouldn't have trusted. Take care of yourself and know that somebody out there loves you for who really are, no matter what. I wish you only the best. -Becca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home