Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

clouds in the road


sometimes it is hard to be the momma bear, being the shoulder for everyone else. It's not that I don't have the words or the time, but today, I'm the one that needs the support.





The world is a dingy grey color today, not black, but somewhere I can feel very alone, and sometimes, a bit useless.

I know that tomorrow, or even the next day, I will be back to my old self, full of cheer and encouraging words. The sun will shine, and I will once again realize how lucky I am, and be overwhelmed with thankfulness that my life is simple and at times, drama free. But for tonight, I will indulge just a bit, and be bothered by things that I normally don't think much about.

*my bed seems really lonely with only me in it


*I'm staring 30 years old straight in the face, and wonder what I have to show for it


* I haven't slept well in a while, because I feel a but unsafe in my house

3 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't know how much consolation it is to know that you aren't really "alone" at least not with #1 and #2 comments. As for #3, maybe you can remedy that upgrading the size of your K9 friend. :)

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Christa said…

    it is a comfort! thank you

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey now, I'm dragging 30 behind me (it's getting farther away every year), and "having something to show for it" varies for every person. Don't compare yourself to anyone else; you have accomplished much, and your best years are still to come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home