Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

it's all good

I needed to blog, but there wasn't anything significant to talk about. Life has taken a routine, and that is something I couldn't be happier about. Moving and starting a new job, and all that entails makes you appreciate the habits.
I was driving somewhere a few days ago. The sun was shining, and traffic was moving slow. That's actually my favorite traffic. No one can get mad at me for driving my favorite speed of 45. I drive a jeep, 70 feels like being inside a parachute.... Back to my story. Traffic was taking its time, and when I looked to the side of the road, the sight I saw brought tears to my eyes. In that moment, I realized a great truth, that I was happy. My dog is happy, my Jeep is paid off, I have a job I love to go to each day, I have met some really great people over the last couple of months. Yep, I'm happy, and content for the first time in a long time.

what was this point of inspiration?

....a patch of bluebonnets right on highway 35

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bluebonnets are awesome. It's time to break out the camera, find a not-so-busy road and force my family to sit in a patch of them for the obligatory Texas Family Photo. Hoping we won't find the obligatory Texas Fire Ant Hill.

    Glad things are moving at your preferred speed, in a direction that also makes you happy. :-)

    Hey, and how about our biblical rain of late?

    T-bone

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    I wouldn't complain, but I can't get the yard mowed, and it's looking like a jungle compared to all the neighbors...

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, and how about our biblical hail?

    - T-bone

     

Post a Comment

<< Home