Fork in the Road

...because there's more than one route to the next point on the map.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

sunburned knuckles

If you drive a Jeep, you know the post title well, and look forward to the first days of warm weather when you can roll back the soft top, sunburn odd parts of your body, like above mentioned, and my favorite, your forehead. This is only masterfully accomplished by tying my golden locks back in my favorite scarf, much like our friend here, the nameless, colorless and body-less mannequin (though I have sense enough to match my lipstick to my scarf). What a dummy. AHAH! Back to sunburn..just above the sunglasses, and just below the scarf, that's about the only place I have a tan these days. Anyway, took the day off, being that it's my birthday. I try to take a good afternoon trip in the Jeep on my birthday, and this year was no exception. Gerdie and I celebrated not only my birthday, but our anniversary (we've been together one year) by packing a picnic lunch, complete with a side of dog food for her. We drove and listened to my absolute favorite cd, courtesy of the ipod these days, and I wondered how many times those songs have played through my Jeep speakers with the top down, and forehead a-burnin'...
How much do I love that Easter is around the corner too? Enough to buy a bag of this Cadbury robin eggs, the ones with the crunchy shell that are solid chocolate...yeah, that bad won't last long. Happy birthday to me!! Now for a quick nap, gonna grill out in a bit, and maybe have a drink with some friends later tonight.
it has been a wonderful day so far.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A belated Happy Birthday to you!

    Hey, those of us who drive "normal" cars get tans on the left side of our bodies. I think my hair grows faster on that side, too. Freaky!

    T-bone

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Joe CuttheShit said…

    Hey friend!

    Sunburned knuckles? I wish! I have frost bit knuckles. :-D

    I got your message the other night. So funny, cuz I had actually called you a few days prior, but you had changed your phone number. I copied your new number into my phone book and will call you back soon.

    It was great to hear your voice. Like a breath of fresh air from my past.

    Hope you're doing well! I will call you soon my love.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Joe CuttheShit said…

    Oh and Happy Birthday! (slaps self on forehead)

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    waiting on the cable company to hook up internet in my new place....sorry for it taking so long

    chesa

     
  • At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH my god how freakin fake can you be.......although it really isn't a huge suprise. You have no concept of who you are or who you were......ahhhh well at leat those of us who remain the same and true sleep well.................

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    anonymous, you are an angry person. That is a sad thought, but I don't give a flying fuck what you think.
    have a nice day

    Chesa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home